Location & Directions
Your trip to Uttenheim in the Pustertal
Villa Ottone, Via Wolkenstein 5
I-39030 Gais (BZ)
Val Pusteria · South Tyrol
Phone +39 348 0389173
In the immediate vicinity
- You will find everything you need for daily life in close proximity in your holiday destination of Uttenheim. Within a 5-minute walk, you will reach the bakery, the grocery store, several restaurants/pizzerias and bars, the bank, and the mailbox.
- The bus stop is not far from your accommodations. Thanks to the “Holidaypass Premium” benefits card, you can use the full range of South Tyrolean public transportation offerings – including public and ski buses, regional trains, and lift systems (Mühlbach-Meransen, Bozen-Ritten) – free of charge. The buses run every fifteen minutes between the nearest town of Bruneck and the Tauferer Ahrntal holiday region.
- Three first-rate ski areas are just a short ride away by car or ski bus (Speikboden: 12 min., Kronplatz: 17 min., Klausberg: 20 min.).
- The child-friendly toboggan run at the Bauhof mountain inn is located right next to our house.
- You can reach the “Baggalocke” natural swimming pond in Gais after a short 4-kilometre bike, car, or bus ride.
- The CASCADE swimming and sauna area in the neighbouring community of Sand in Taufers is just a 7-minute drive away.
- From Uttenheim, you can take a bicycle path to Bruneck. From there, you can get onto the Pustertal cycle path.
- The town of Bruneck, with its many shopping opportunities and the traditional Christmas market, is just a 10-minute drive away.
Directions & useful links
Via the Brenner Autobahn (A22): Take the Brixen/Pustertal exit and follow the Pustertal road for about 25 km toward Bruneck. At the Bruneck East exit and the following roundabout, keep following the signs for the Ahrntal. Drive through the villages of St. Georgen and Gais until you reach Uttenheim. There, turn onto Andrä-Von-Wenzl-Straße before the food stall. Follow this to the junction, then turn left onto the Wolkenstein road. After 200 metres, you will reach Wiedmairhof.
Via Lienz in East Tyrol: After the border, follow the state road (SS49-E66) for about 37 km to the Bruneck East exit, then turn right toward the Ahrntal. At the Bruneck East exit and the following roundabout, keep following the signs for the Ahrntal. Drive through the villages of St. Georgen and Gais until you reach Uttenheim. There, turn onto Andrä-Von-Wenzl-Straße before the food stall. Follow this to the junction, then turn left onto the Wolkenstein road. After 200 metres, you will reach Wiedmairhof.
Arriving by train:
Take the regional train to Franzensfeste and – from there – through the Pustertal to Bruneck. From there, there are public bus connections every fifteen or thirty minutes to Uttenheim.
Arriving by plane:
You can also fly to Bozen, Innsbruck, Munich, or Verona by scheduled flight and – from there – take the train or car through the Pustertal to Uttenheim.
Südtirol Transfer – comfortably to your holiday accommodation
If you arrive by train or bus in South Tyrol you can use the "Südtirol Transfer”, a region-wide connection shuttle for the last few kilometres to your accommodation. You can get to your holiday accommodation from the train stations in Bolzano/ Bozen, Meran/Merano, Mals/Malles, Brixen/Bressanone, Bruneck/Brunico or Innichen/San Candido, as well as from the ‘Flixbus’ bus stops in Bolzano, Meran, Klausen/Chiusa, Vahrn/Varna or Sterzing/Vipiteno and after your holiday you will be brought back to the stop. The group transfer from the nearest train stations or ‘Flixbus’ bus stops to the South Tyrolean accommodations, as well as the individual transfers from all the transit hubs, can be booked online at www.suedtiroltransfer.com